Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RDP portforwarding

Jannik10
Aspirant

RDP portforwarding

I have read 100 pages about port forwarding og port 3389 RDP.

I have made 2 services RDP-TCP and RPD-UDP,, no problem!

I have made Firewall Roules with these services, everything is bye the book, but when testing from outside it says port 3389 is closed,, 

Is there any with a bullet proff guide that I can get

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Firewall forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/bd-p/business-vpn-firewalls
Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jannik10,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I assume that the firewall is behind another router. You may need to create another port forwarding service from the first router going to this firewall in order for this to work or set the first router to bridge mode. If not, May you be able to share us your network topology?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@JohnC_V wrote:

I assume that the firewall is behind another router. You may need to create another port forwarding service from the first router going to this firewall in order for this to work or set the first router to bridge mode.

Anther possibility is the ISP having Carrier Grade NAT deployed, and your security appliance does not have a public IP address on the WAN/Internet interface assigned.

Message 4 of 5
Jannik10
Aspirant

I used my own netgear router from home, made samme services and firewall rules and i worked perfect,, the other Netgear router just sucks,, I what I can read, a lot have problems with this model. so for now I have solved the problem with my ovn private router.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements