Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RackMount Brackets for Br500

Hypnopooper
Aspirant

RackMount Brackets for Br500

Hello, I purchased a BR500 secondhand, the previous owner was kind enough to remove the unit from their insight account and I have been able to get the unit all setup and configured, but now I am in need of the RackMount kit for the Br500.  I tried calling customer support and got no where.  Can anyone provide me directions as to where I can get the RackMount Kit for the BR500.

Thanks

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RackMount Brackets for Br500

@Hypnopooper,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I tried calling customer support and got no where.  

What was the case number provided to you when you contacted NETGEAR Support?  As far as I know, you can purchase a BR500 Rackmount Kit when you contact NETGEAR Support.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA Contacting Netgear Support can be a challenge if you don't have products registered which are under support e.g. a second hand BR500 - especially on a global base where Netgear does not offer any telephone service. This is also the reason that many customers hit the Scam traps...

Message 3 of 5
Hypnopooper
Aspirant

Case No: 42341472

The result of my attempted call to Netgear was I was sent an email where I can buy retail items from named stores.  The rack mount kit isnt extactly a widely offerered accessory kit which was why I called netgear in the first place 😞

And yep since the original owner resistered the item, It was near impossible to get to have a conversation regarding purchasing a rackmount kit for the BR500 because the operater could not verify that I am the "registered owner" yet the registered owner was clearly kind enough to remove the br500 from thier netgear insight account and reset the br500 back to factory defaults before selling their item to me.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Hypnopooper,

I apologize for the late response.  Here is the part number of the BR500 Rackmount Kit: 422-10094-01.  You may inquire to NETGEAR Authorized Resellers here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements