Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Recommend replacement for FVS318

Recommend replacement for FVS318

Have a  FVS318 with firmware FVS318v3_v3.0_28 I am having issues with it staying conected to  a Century Link T1 Adtran router. Having to power cycle several times a day to re establish connection. So probably best to replace would be nice to upload exported cnfg file to another Netgear VPN Firewall router as I have about 60 settings that  I would have to enter.

But I am sure no curretn products are compatable for that to be an a option.

Anyway wtihn the current VPN Firewall Routers what would be a suggested replacmenti .have about 6-8 PCs RDPing to server so LAN  to WAN Throughtput is an issue

Not deidacted to Netgear but up until a month ago happy with everthing expect droping conection.

LAN  to WAN Throughtput has always been marginal.

Thanks

Ralph

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GrayHairCoder,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The FVS318v3 is already EoL (End-of-Life) many years ago.  If you plan to upload its config to another NETGEAR VPN Firewall, you should upload it to another FVS318v3.  It is because the NETGEAR VPN Firewall models have different hardware platforms and different firmware versions.  For example, you cannot upload the config file of the FVS318v3 to the FVS336Gv3 (also EoL) because doing so will just brick the device. 

In replacement of the FVS318v3, I suggest you the BR200.  Be reminded that you cannot upload the config file of the FVS318v3 to the BR200 as well.  To know more about the specifications of the BR200, kindly check its data sheet here.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5

Do I have to subscribe/or use the insight software to configure or maintain the router.

Dont want to pay a subscription fee. Has this router been released I notice on Amazon the ships dates are weeks out?

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GrayHairCoder,

Do I have to subscribe/or use the insight software to configure or maintain the router.

Yes, you will need to subscribe with NETGEAR Insight.  For more information about the NETGEAR Insight Subscription Plans, kindly access the links below:

What Insight subscription plans are available?

NETGEAR Insight Subscription Plans

Dont want to pay a subscription fee. Has this router been released I notice on Amazon the ships dates are weeks out?

You can still managed the BR200 through its web-GUI without paying for an Insight Subscription.  The BR200 has been newly released more than a month ago. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5

Re: Recommend replacement for FVS318 BR200 not available until next also connection problems with T1

In reply a to  replace my FVS318 the BR200 was recomended but apperenlty it is not going tp be available until nxt year.so I have to contiunueto use my FVS318s

I have 2 FVS318 and neither one of them will stay conected to my Cenrury Link Adtran (T1)  router (CL just replaced) for more than a few minutes.

If I power cycle the Cenrury Link router and/or the FVS318 I can reconnect to internet but not always and it will drop after a few minutes

If I ping my Gateway IP it responds so I suspect it is the Netgear.

I have moved cables around and interchanged the FVS318s both are conigured with the same cng file. This has been an ongoing issue for months.with a disconnect every few weeks and but power cycling would usually correct but it has gotten worse now power cyclying doesnt resolve the issue..

Any suggestiopns? Any boidy else had conection issues with Century Link's Adtran (T1) router

Thanks

Ralph

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements