Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replace FVS336Gv2 with v2 or v3?

fred339
Tutor

Replace FVS336Gv2 with v2 or v3?

We have an FVS336Gv2 that has been the workhorse for a serious business installation.

We're using the VPN capability very much.

The router has become flaky: it loses internet connectivity frequently and often has to be rebooted to return to service.

So, unless someone suggests otherwise, I'm thinking of replacing it very soon.

I see that I can purchase FVS336Gv2 devices and imagine that I might use the existing configuration to save time and effort in configuring one of those.

I also see that I can purchase FVS336Gv3 devices and HOPE that I might use the current configuration file on that.

Is that possible?

Notwithstanding my desire to preserve the configuration and save work, what would be the recommendation for a selection to replace the FVS336Gv2?

I'm supporting the office remotely and need to be able to do the replacement with a minimum of fuss.

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Replace FVS336Gv2 with v2 or v3?

Hi fred339,

Unfortunately, we cannot use the configuration file from the old version to the new version. They have different firmware versions. I suggest, take a screenshot of all the configurations from the old firewall, then use it as a copy for the newer version.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
fred339
Tutor

So, are either of these still in support? 

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@fred339,

Yeap, we do still provide support on these models as long as it still under warranty.

You may check our warranty policy here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements