Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacement Router?

Neilio
Aspirant

Replacement Router?

I know there was a BR200 replacement out for the BR500 but it appears this has gone way of the dodo bird as well.  This  BR200 look like a nice unit, anyone know if a replacement is in the works?.  Doesn't appear to be any available, not sure if the BR200 is EOL already .

Thanks.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Replacement Router?

Hi Neilio,

Unfortunately, we still don't have any replacement for BR200 for now. Please wait for the announcement of our new products coming very soon.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5

It would be good to hear about Netgears future router strategy. It's notable that a replacement is offered due to vulnerabilities but the Orbi SXR30 is not an alternative at all (not for me). To what I understand drom the SXR30 datasheet there is no IPSec, no OpenVPN and lastly doesn't fit into a 19" rack. 

The outcome is either wait on a successor or buy a Non-Netgear VPN router.

>>Please wait for the announcement of our new products coming very soon.<<

So what is meant to be "very soon"?

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Neilio / @GrayHairCoder / @ThomasNanninga,

Kindy read the post of hnagaraju on this community thread here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5

Thanks Dana, I had seen the datasheet before. But let's have a quick look to what you are referring to:

>>If  you WAC500/WAX600 series AP for wireless, Then just use SXR80 as wired Business router.<<

I do have, so ok.

>>SXR80  has 2.5Gbps WAN port. It can do 5 DHCP pools,  It can handle up-to 512 DHCP IP address in each pool.<<

>>The 4 LAN wired ports can be put into Access mode/Trunk Mode and PVID configured.<<

Ok. That area is covered.

>>For VPN, Branch2Branch we support Business VPN.  It is better than older Instant VPN.<<

I had Instant VPN/BR500 which did a routing of every VLAN to every destination. Maybe Business VPN does better by SSID. I read about monthly cost of 3.xx per user? Anyhow, this would be additional running cost that IPSec or OpenVPN tunnel doesn't require.

SXR80 has also port forwarding, -triggering, dyndns and traffic rules (inter-VLAN)?

>>The main difference is BR500 was rack mount, But SXR80 is desktop, but can be installed  on top of rack. <<

😃Ok, will get a Yankees cap in winter time. 

Don't wanna criticize the Orbi stuff, it could work somehow as replacement but it is designed for a different purpose.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements