Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX 5308 VPN Rollover

SHOWME
Aspirant

SRX 5308 VPN Rollover

We using two SRX5308s for an office to datacenter connection.  Site A has (2) WAN ports, WAN1 is the Main and WAN 2 is a rollover mode backup.  Site B (Datacenter) is using only WAN1.  The VPN connection from A to B over WAN1 works perfectly.  The WAN1 to WAN 2 rollover works for internet access but the VPN does not reconnect.  At Site A, I've selected the Rollover option to WAN 2 in the VPN wizard.  Do I need to do anything on Site B's router?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4
SHOWME
Aspirant

Do we need a dynamic dns address for the policy?

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @SHOWME,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to create another policy (using the VPN Wizard) on the WAN 2 port of the SRX5308 on Site A as the peer box-to-box connection.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SHOWME,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to create another policy (using the VPN Wizard) on the WAN 2 port of the SRX5308 on Site A as the peer box-to-box connection?  If yes, let us know your observation.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements