Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Content filtering is not working

champmonky
Aspirant

SRX5308 Content filtering is not working

Hi,

How do we set up content filtering for SRX5308?

I write the keywork to block and enable GROUP1. because all belongs to this group!

I could not understand how content filtering associates to the GROUP!! How it works in firewall policy?

If there are specific procedure please let me know, if you need more information please write. 

What I beleive is if there is a feature content filtering then it should work.

Thank you in advance

Champmonky

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 Content filtering is not working

Hi champmonky,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

By default all belongs to Group 1.  However, you may edit Group 1 and choose the IP address of the device/s that you want to belong to the group.  Kindly read pages 96 to 101 of the SRX5308 Reference Manual here

About Content Filtering, read pages 186 to 189 of the SRX5308 Reference Manual.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
champmonky
Aspirant

Thank you DaneA,

But How can we assure that the keyword are blocked for specific group. Sorry, may be its silly question but however I need to manage it through community help. because I tried a lot. and it is not working.

Regards,

Champmonky

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi champmonky, 

Currently, we do not have an SRX5308 to test but we do have an FVS318G2.  I entered "deviantart" as the blocked keyword then the moment I tried to access www.deviantart.com, it suddenly displayed a black page that says "Web Site Blocked by NETGEAR."  Refer to the images below:

Let me also inform you that https websites cannot be blocked using ProSAFE Firewalls.  With regard to this, you will need to a firewall that supports Application Control.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements