Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 DHCP IP Adresses Not Releasing

jcahow
Follower

SRX5308 DHCP IP Adresses Not Releasing

I have a SRX5308 and it is setup to issue IP addresses through DHCP from 10.0.0.3 to 10.0.0.49 with a 24 hour lease,  It seems like over time the IP Addresses that it issues continue to climb up towards the end of that range.  I have a number of different machines which run occasionally that get IP addresses from the Router but then are not used for long periods of time.  It seems like over time the router is not releasing the IP addresses that were assigned to those machines..

If I Ping all the addresses from 10.0.0.3 to 10.0.0.15 for instance all those address are unreachable which would seem to imply that they are available for use.  Yet when I turn on a new machine using DHCP to get an IP address the one issued is way up towards the middle or end of the IP range. 

So I am wondering if there is a way to force the Router to start to reuse the lower IP addresses that do not seem to ever be issued?

Are IP addresses that are not being used anymore supposed to be reuse automatically and if so any ideas on what is going on here?

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 DHCP IP Adresses Not Releasing

Hello jcahow,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. How is everything connected on your existing network?  Kindly post a detailed image or screenshot of your current network setup.

b. Have you tried to change the DCHP range (for example: 172.16.1.0) then check if same problem will occur?

c. Have you tried to reboot the SRX5308 and check if same problem occurs?

d. What is the current firmware version of the SRX5308?

e. Did you try to perform a factory reset on the SRX5308 then reconfigure it from scratch and check if same problem occurs?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements