Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Unable to setup second WAN connection

shlomim
Aspirant

SRX5308 Unable to setup second WAN connection

Hi,

In my company we have the SRX5308 with WAN1 configured as:

IPV4 Static IP and it is working just fine (The VDSL is a modem/router configured as dailer and one port connected to the netgear with static internet IP from my ISP).

Today we have installed a new VDSL pppoe modem (not a router) for load balancing purposes and I tried to setup the connection on WAN2 (as explained in the user manual), I tried both pptp and pppoe but it doesn't seems to work at all.

* The Auto Detect button did show up the correct settings with service was found massage.

I tried using a laptop connected directly to the modem to dail a pppoe broadband connection and it works ok but the netgear does not able to connect.

What do you think that I should do? What logs can help me figure out the problem? Is there any security settings that maybe block the ability to connect? Is there any known bug using more than 1 WAN on this model?

Firmware Version: 4.3.3-6

Secondary Firmware Version: 4.3.1-22

Thanks in advance

Shlomi

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SOLOVED: Re: SRX5308 Unable to setup second WAN connection

Hi shlomim,

You're welcome! 🙂  I am glad that its all sorted out. 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 Unable to setup second WAN connection

Hi shlomim,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since WAN 1 port is working fine with the VDSL connection as you have mentioned, what if you try to set it on WAN 2 port (or WAN 3 & WAN 4 ports).  Then, set WAN 1 port (or WAN 3 & WAN 4 ports) for the new VDSL modem in order to isolate the problem.   Let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
shlomim
Aspirant

SOLVED: Re: SRX5308 Unable to setup second WAN connection

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

It seems like it was my misunderstanding, When selecting Primary WAN Mode as WAN1 and Auto Rollover fr the scond WAN, it causes only 1 WAN to be connected.

I thought that both of them will always be connected and only if WAN1 will disconnect the traffic will go throw the second WAN.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SOLOVED: Re: SRX5308 Unable to setup second WAN connection

Hi shlomim,

You're welcome! 🙂  I am glad that its all sorted out. 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements