Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Upgrade Firmware Issue

sdmactech
Aspirant

SRX5308 Upgrade Firmware Issue

NOTE - All Macintosh Enviornment 

Unit running firmware 4.3.3-6

Attempts at loading 4.3.5-3 were unsucessfull.

1) Browsers Safari, Firefox, and Chrome would all throw up security certificate errors. then go to settings upgrade page, and Safari would say it was going to upload, but then no progress bar on page, and after 10 seconds, would result in "Could not connect" webpage. Chrome and Firefox would at least display a small progress bar for about 1 - 2 seconds, and then same thing, "Could not connect" webpage. 

2) Attempted reboots before each attempt. - Even attempted the TFTP method to no avail.

3) Tried a ver 48 of Firefox - 1st attempt failed with same results as above. 

4) Reset the unit to factory default. Then attempted one last time with older Firefox. Seem to be having success .... progress bar was loading across the top of the admin consule page. Got about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way across, and then BAM "Could not load page" error again.

NOTE the unit is currently the backup unit - also have a live duplicate unit with older firmware as well. Backup unit has NO WAN connections, and only the single LAN connection to my laptop.

Now the unit has a steady "Test Light" lit and will not issue a valid DHCP address (I get a 169.254.x.x address) - attempted "paperclip" reset button on back and same thing.

Appears I now have a bricked backup unit ..... and will NOT be moving forward with the live unit firmware upgrade until I can fix the hot swap backup. 

Please advise. 

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
sdmactech
Aspirant

Re: SRX5308 Upgrade Firmware Issue

4 Days and no response? Anyone minding the store?

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 Upgrade Firmware Issue

Hi sdmactech,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since the Test LED is lit up steady on the SRX5308 and you have already tried to factory reset the SRX5308 but still same status, I suggest you to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support and let them know what happened to the SRX5308.  Be sure to attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the SRX5308 on the chat / online case for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements