Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 VPN and DHCP relay

gsmanea
Aspirant

SRX5308 VPN and DHCP relay

Hi! I have 3 sites with 2 remote sites connected to the main site via site to site VPN.  Main site 192.168.10.0, remote 1 192.168.1.0 and remote 2 192.168.11.0.  The main site has a Windows 2008 server doing DHCP at  192.168.10.5 and I would like to do DHCP relaying to the remote sites so the equiment there would get addresses in the range of the DHCP at the main site.  I turned off the DHCP on the router at remote 2 and enabled the DHCP relay giving the address of the DHCP at the main site but I am not getting IPs at remote2.  any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 VPN and DHCP relay

Hi gsmanea,

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you configured LDAP information correctly on the main site?

b. Have you set the PC(s) on both remote sites as a member of the domain name deployed in the main site?

c. Did you add the following as DNS on the PC(s) on both remote sites: IP Address of the Domain Controller, Default Gateway Address of the Windows 2008 server on the main site and the Default Gateway of the PC(s) on the remote sites?

d. Are all sites using an SRX5308?

e. What is the current firmware version of the SRX5308?

I look forward to your response.  Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
gsmanea
Aspirant

Thanks for taking time to respond.  I talked to a more knowledgable frend and found out that it is not possible to do waht I wanted, which is to have the remote site receive IPs from the same subnet at the main site.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gsmanea,

@gsmanea wrote:

Thanks for taking time to respond.  I talked to a more knowledgable frend and found out that it is not possible to do waht I wanted, which is to have the remote site receive IPs from the same subnet at the main site.  Thanks again!

Based from your initial response, you mentioned that the main site and the two remote sites has different LAN subnets.  Kindly check your initial post below:

@gsmanea wrote:

Hi! I have 3 sites with 2 remote sites connected to the main site via site to site VPN.  Main site 192.168.10.0, remote 1 192.168.1.0 and remote 2 192.168.11.0.

Let me also share this forum thread I found and it might help you as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/VPN-Firewalls/DHCP-Relay-over-VPN/m-p/322901

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements