Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX5308 WAN gets a public IP with auto detect

sebaleiva
Aspirant

SRX5308 WAN gets a public IP with auto detect

Hi!

maybe this is a silly question but i am new on this.

We have a ISP router set on DMZ bridge on port 4, from this port a connection to WAN port on SRX5308. The address of the ISP router is 192.168.0.10 (public is 211.......). I sat the ip for WAN to 192.168.0.2, sub 255.255.255.0 and gateway address 192.168.0.10. The internet led is amber but i have no internet connection from the LAN side of the SRX5308. I can ping on diagnostics from the LAN side to the WAN ip but not to the ISP router ip.

the status of WAN is connected.

I tried to use the auto detect instead on WAN port but I got an IP of range 90.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of a 192.168.0.XXX

Is there something that i am missunderstanding? shouldnt i get an ip of range 192.168.0.XXX if i use auto detect?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@sebaleiva,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Definitely, once you assign the WAN port as auto-detect, then it will send a request in order to be acknowledged by the DHCP server. You really cannot ping an IP from ISP as this is disabled by default of the SRX5308. You may try to enable ping request on Security > Firewall > Attack Checks - Respond to ping on Internet ports - Enable.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
sebaleiva
Aspirant

Ok, then the problem is on my ISP as the SRX5308 didnt get an ip on the 192.168.0.xxx range? And got a 90.xxx.xxx.xxx instead, that I assume is a public ip adress.
I have a pc connecred directly on the ISP and its getting the right ip adress, perhaps the bridge mode is not working properly?
Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@sebaleiva,

If it still getting a private IP then the ISP router is not properly set to bridge mode. Have you tried to statically assign an IP on the WAN port?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
sebaleiva
Aspirant

It is not getting a private IP, it is getting a public IP in auto detect.

Tried to assign static a private Ip address but it didnt work. LAN side has not connection to internet.
Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@sebaleiva,

May you be able to show us your network topology? So we can understand better what seems to be the issue.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements