Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX5308 multiple external IPs

PasavICT
Aspirant

SRX5308 multiple external IPs

We have multiple Public Ip adresses. I want to use 4 of them to be used as IP adres that i connect from.

How to manage this ? I have setup my LAN's with 4 diffrent VLAN's. How ca i connect one of my WAN's to the VLAN ? So that that VLAN connects t the internet from that IP adres.

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PasavICT,

I regret to inform you that there is no option in the SRX5308 to set a WAN IP Address per VLAN or vice versa.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Park

Message 2 of 4
adit
Mentor

Try assigning the VLAN members in their own group. (Group2/3/4/5 based on IP).  Don't use Group1 since that is the default.

Use a single IP on each of the 4 WANs. (assigning public IP's from the same subnet to multiple WANs has caused issues in the past, but it's worth a shot to try)

Use Protocol Bindings - ALL / GroupX to bind each to a specific WAN.

Maintain: Add any devices that show up in Group1 to their respective Group2/3/4/5 as they show up.

The bigger question is why are you doing this?

Message 3 of 4
PasavICT
Aspirant

I will try that. Thxs.

I have multiple external IP's and want the machines are also communicating from that external IP, so when 1 IP is blocked, the other machines are not

effected. What is the perpuse of having 4 wan connection. Nobody has 4 diffrent Internet lines, and uses  them only for fail over.

So i have to look to a other router then. To bad, i like the Netgear routers.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements