Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Site to site vpn tunnel (FVS318Gv2 to FVS318Gv2) – does not stay connected

kmcgraw
Tutor

Site to site vpn tunnel (FVS318Gv2 to FVS318Gv2) – does not stay connected

Same device, same firmware (4.3.3-6). Devices were purchased at the same time. Both are connected to Optimum cable circuits, both are static IP's. Netgear Level 0 support confirmed the configuration. I spent hours diagnosing and they were not helpful. They want me to spend another hour on the phone while the collect information about the device in order to speak to level 3.

The only way to bring up the tunnel is to delete the policy and recreate it. It stays up for a few hours and then drops again. The connection status says “IPsec SA Established” but I cannot ping through the tunnel from firewall to firewall. Support had me update the firmware 2x’s on both boxes and wants to blow away the boxes to rebuild. It would have been much less costly to spend 10x more and get the right device. This is such a basic functionality of a firewall and I cannot believe they cannot resolve this issue.

Message 1 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Site to site vpn tunnel (FVS318Gv2 to FVS318Gv2) – does not stay connected

Hello kmcgraw, 

Welcome to the community! 

I understand you are having some issues with your box-to-box VPN connection. Can you send my the VPN logs through PM? I'll try to look it up and see what's causing it. Do you also have firewall rules created on both routers? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
kmcgraw
Tutor

Does the community private messaging have upload capability? A message won’t accept more than 60k characters.

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kmcgraw, 

Unfortunately, there is a limit on the number of characters that can be used.  You can paste it in a notepad and upload on a file sharing site (like dropbox etc), then you can use the download link. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements