Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Speed capped at 9.0mbps instead of full 25mnps

Cody784
Aspirant

Speed capped at 9.0mbps instead of full 25mnps

I have my router for less security. the repeter is connected to it. with prosafe FVS318v3 behind it for a nat 3 network for security l. the firewall is not reaching 25 mbps like the others. its capped to 9mbps. the upload is good however. Is there a way I can configure it to match the speed of the rest of the network?
Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cody784,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The LAN-to-WAN (or WAN-to-LAN) Throughput of the FVS318v3 is only 11.5Mbps.  As reference, kindly check the FVS318v3 Data Sheet here

If your subscription with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is 25 Mbps, you will need a firewall router that has a WAN-to-LAN Throughput that is higher than 25Mbps.  You may want to check the BR500 that has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput of 924Mbps.  For more information about the BR500, kindly check its data sheet here.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cody784,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The LAN-to-WAN (or WAN-to-LAN) Throughput of the FVS318v3 is only 11.5Mbps.  As reference, kindly check the FVS318v3 Data Sheet here

If your subscription with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is 25 Mbps, you will need a firewall router that has a WAN-to-LAN Throughput that is higher than 25Mbps.  You may want to check the BR500 that has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput of 924Mbps.  For more information about the BR500, kindly check its data sheet here.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Cody784
Aspirant

Is there a simalar firewall with roughly the same ui as the prosafe in can get for 25 mbps
Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cody784,

The ProSAFE VPN Firewall Series of NETGEAR was already EoL (End-of-Life).  Kindly check the announcement here.  The VPN Firewall Series includes the FVS318Gv2, FVS318N, FVS336Gv3 and SRX5308.  For the respective LAN-to-WAN Throughput of these VPN firewalls, kindly check the data sheet here

Be reminded that since these VPN firewalls are already EoL, there would be no new fixes and new firmware releases.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Cody784
Aspirant

I just need a firewall that's simple ui and for my speed no vpn any recommendation. sorry I wasnt clear before.
Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cody784,

All of the NETGEAR Business firewall/router models has VPN capability either the EoL models or the BR500 that is currently available in the market.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements