Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The worst support in my 20 years

Pfiltz
Star

The worst support in my 20 years

This has to be to date, my worst experience with technical support.  All I got was being placed on hold.  I was on the phone for almost 1 hour most of wich listeing to music.  This product has Intermitent DNS resolution problems.  The tech asked me if I did a hard reset on the unit?  What?  Of course I did.  Then he asked me how I did it.  Was the unit on or off?  Really?  ON obviously.  For testing purposes this was the only router in the network, and still the same issues.

I won't be buying another Netgear product of any kind. 

Why would it take a tech 15 minutes to assign a case number, then another 15 minutes to give me a return address to have the unit looked at.  Was he eaing breakfast between my holds?

The worst I tell you.  The worst support from any IT company I've ever dealt with.  He could barely understan the English Language as well.  I had to spell everything to him.  My product is supposed to be servicable till the year 2040 or something, and I doubt they are going let me return it for repair.

It's going to be a boat anchor now I guess, or a door stop.  The unit has been barely used, and if I'm not mistaken it was sent in once before for the same problems.  

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Pfiltz,

May we know the support ticket number (or case number) that was provided to you?  

The tech asked me if I did a hard reset on the unit?  What?  Of course I did.  Then he asked me how I did it.  Was the unit on or off?  Really?  ON obviously.  

The tech support guy was just making sure if you properly did the factory reset.  It is a must for the NETGEAR Support Team to verify if the troubleshooting step/s performed by the customer was done correctly.   

Why would it take a tech 15 minutes to assign a case number, then another 15 minutes to give me a return address to have the unit looked at.  Was he eaing breakfast between my holds?

Eating during the call is not allowed.  Regarding this, we need to know the support ticket number (or case number) that was given to you so that I will submit it for review what happened during your call. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Pfiltz
Star

CASE: 41490728

I know what this guy was hoping for, by keeping me on the line so long.  He was hoping that I would just get mad, and hang up. 

I shouldn’t have had to run through a bunch of hoops to get an RMA number on a piece of hardware, that has already been sent in once before for issues.

This guy sounded like he was working out of his home based on noises I kept hearing as well.

I would have given anything to have recorded the garbage this guy was asking, over, and over, and over.

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Pfiltz,

Thank you for your response.  I will now forward your case number for review. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I call BS on the factory reset being a must. I just had a very frustrating 2 hours with horrible tech support and that wasn’t a step he forced me to take. Same as the OP, tech have me a runaround just to get me angry. I agree. I’ve been in the industry for 19 year. Netgear, NEVER again.
Message 5 of 6
Pfiltz
Star

What really grinds my gears, is when you tell a tech, you've

1). Performed a hard reset with the power running & reconfigured it.

2). Used the other WAN port on the device.

3). Using the same static IP address that you have for a working router that has no problems.

4). Using a different IP address from the 5 pack you have.

5). It's the only router in the network.

6). Used different DNS numbers.  IP provided, or 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

And DNS is still flaky  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  You can't ping a host by DNS or IP address, and the tech makes you spend 1 hour with him, constantly answering the same questions, you just told them.

Are you kidding me?

Grow up.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements