Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UTM50 RESET and Firmware Update Failing -Device Abandoned!!!

DanBBB
Aspirant

UTM50 RESET and Firmware Update Failing -Device Abandoned!!!

Hi there,

This is a continuation of the UTM abandonement thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/ProSecure-UTM9S/td-p/1028499

I am using a device from the same family (UTM50) and had to do a hard reset on the device today.  Now nothing is working and our whole company is down. 

I am not able to extend trial licenses or do firmware updates.  PLEASE HELP!  Can you enable trial license for 30 days so I can do a firmware update and get the device working?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi DanBBB,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Unfortunately, NETGEAR doesn't provide any trial right after the expiry date. I apologize for that. Here is what I found on ProSECURE UTM License part numbers.

"NETGEAR is only allowing customers to register and activate Email or Web Subscription licenses with terms expiring on or before December 31, 2016. Subscription licenses with expiration dates beyond December 31, 2016 will be adjusted to have an end date of December 31, 2016(this could be 2017). For detail information, please refer to ProSECURE License FAQ."

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
DanBBB
Aspirant

We did a hard reset of the device, and now it doens't work at all.  Any attempts to register, update, or trial just fail.  We cannot use VPN or anything.

How can I set it up for VPN?

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@DanBBB,

Here is a documentation on how you can set it up VPN.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
mpompeia
Aspirant

Hi there,

I also had to update the firmware to a UTM9S but keep receiving the following message:

Get license information from register server failed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements