Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to delete device from vpn group

pwill
Aspirant

Unable to delete device from vpn group

Dear community,

I am trying to delete my BR500 from the VPN group. I get the error message: unable to delete device from VPN group.

Tried to delete the BR500 from my device list. I can't, because it is still used in a VPN group ...

Don't know what to do here ...

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Rif.: Unable to delete device from vpn group

@pwill / @Nicola_Ita,

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  A fixed is currently being worked on.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to delete device from vpn group

@pwill,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  I suggest you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
Nicola_Ita
Tutor

Rif.: Unable to delete device from vpn group

Hi my name is Nicola and I live in Italy, this is my first post.
Since a week I have been experiencing the same problem and yesterday I have opened a support ticket, I'm waiting for a solution....
After twenty years of Netgear products, I have to admit that BR500 is a real failure (for VPN stability).
In 15 months I had to reboot the router hundreds of times, I forgot how many times I had to delete the VPN group....

Nicola

Message 3 of 9
pwill
Aspirant

Rif.: Unable to delete device from vpn group

Same here Nicola. It seemed to be stable the last month, but last week the spook started again. No VPN, no tunnel, ghost VPN groups, no VPN groups, not able to delete a router from the group, not able to delete a router from the insight cloud ...

Message 4 of 9
pwill
Aspirant

Re: Unable to delete device from vpn group

I did a couple of hours ago. Hoping to get a resolution. I am stuck for over two days now 😞

Message 5 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@pwill / @Nicola_Ita,

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  A fixed is currently being worked on.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
pwill
Aspirant

The reason I wanted to delete the devices from the group was to re-create the group because the tunnel was down and the clients could not connect.

This morning, the whole system was back and everything works. It took more then 3 days, but it seems stable now. I will leave it as it is and won't delete anything.

The Insight Cloud Portal is a great service, but its stability is really poor. I very much hope Netgear gets it under control, because I can't handle too many outages anymore ...  

Message 7 of 9
Nicola_Ita
Tutor

@pwill 

UPDATE

First of all I apologize for my poor English ....
This morning I noticed that the router was no longer associated with the VPN group.

From the Insight portal I tried to delete the VPN group but it was not possible to delete it.

Instead, it was possible to delete it from the IOS app and so I erased it.

In the meanwhile from the router's web interface the VPN group was still present ....
The same when I tried to delete the router from the devices associated with my account, it was possible only from the IOS app.
I also deleted the Location so that there was no more data or devices associated with my account.
Then I reset the router to factory conditions, both via the button on the back and via the web interface.
As soon as the router starts, the VPN group is not present but after about a minute the old VPN group appears again.......

So, I assume that the router still connects to a remote database that still succeeds in managing the router, maybe the cloud database recognizes the router by the serial number.
I think the database is corrupted and still contains data associated with my router and it's old configuration settings.
I asked to support to verify this situation because I am sure that if I create a new VPN group the old data can still condition the new configuration.

Message 8 of 9
Nicola_Ita
Tutor

SOLVED

Yesterday Netgear Support wrote to me:

"The duplicated group does not affect any function, the correct group to connect to is the one where router shows online."

So I've created a new VPN group and this one was working, even if router's web interface was showing two groups.....

Today Netgear Support has erased the duplicated group and all seems to be ok.

Thanks everybody for assistance.

Nicola

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements