Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Updated firmware from 2.1 to 3.x and now lockups sometimes.

DTB2
Aspirant

Updated firmware from 2.1 to 3.x and not lockups sometimes.

Hello,

I have used the FVX538 for years pretty much trouble free.   I updated the firmware back at the beginning off the year sometime.  Now twice I've had the unit lock up.   I just updated a couple days ago to the latest, and today it locked up.    It happens when the VPN is being used.   It tends to happen when it seems like not a very good connection.    Can you guys look in to the stablity issues and fix please, I can't be on the road and have it lock up for a week.

TIA!!

Model: FVX538|ProSafe High-Performance VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 6
DTB2
Aspirant

Well, today it's been 4 times already, it seems to happen when this remote client (using latest client software and rdp) goes away for a bit or gets dropped.  I think it's the firmware, but ordered a new router to have on hand SRX5308 (might as well get something faster even though don't need 4 wan ports) if it keeps doing it.

Model: FVX538|ProSafe High-Performance VPN Firewall
Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DTB2,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the FVX538 after updating the firmware?

b. Have your tried to delete then reconfigure the VPN configuration on the FVX538?

c. What client software are you referring to? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
DTB2
Aspirant

>a. Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the FVX538 after updating the firmware?

It was down again today, wouldn't stay up connecting wan port, doing weird items.  I then did the button in the front (factory reset), but getting weird results on the lan ports now with some enabled, some disabled.  Must be the hardware ?  

>b. Have your tried to delete then reconfigure the VPN configuration on the FVX538?

see above.  new unit should be here wednesday.

>c. What client software are you referring to? 

Netgear client.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DTB2,

Its possible that it might be the hardware of the FVX538.  If ever the FVX538 still has hardware warranty, you may open online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime then let them know what happened to your FVX538.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 5 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DTB2,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements