Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updated my SRXN3205 to Firmware to 3.1.1-08 and now cannot get access to the router

arobertson12345
Aspirant

Updated my SRXN3205 to Firmware to 3.1.1-08 and now cannot get access to the router

I updated the Router to the latest firmware and now I cannot gain access to it nor do I recieve and IP address from it.  Even if I manually set my IP address to 192.168.1.10 and subnett 255,.255.255.0 I cannot get to the unit.

I have followed what instructions I could find. I have held the reset button for 30 seconds, powered off still holding it for 30 seconds and then back on again with the reset held for an additional 30 seconds. No difference in behavior,

Is there anything else I can do to resesitate this router?

Best Regards,

Alan

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Updated my SRXN3205 to Firmware to 3.1.1-08 and now cannot get access to the router

Hi arobertson12345,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

a. Did you perform the firmware upgrade via a wireless connection to the SRXN3205?  

b. What is the behavior of the LED lights of the SRXN3205 as of now?

It seems that you have done a power reset properly.  The default IP address of the SRXN3205 is 192.168.1.1.  Since you mentioned that you have already tried to set a static IP address of 192.168.1.10/24, kindly check if you can get replies when you ping the default IP address of the SRXN3205.  If you are able to get replies, check if you can access its web-GUI.

Kindly try to disconnect the SRXN3205 from the modem. Perform a factory reset again then check if you can get replies when you ping the default IP address of the SRXN3205.  Try to use other PC/s or laptop/s and connect it to the other LAN ports of the SRXN3205 to isolate the problem. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
arobertson12345
Aspirant

Re: Updated my SRXN3205 to Firmware to 3.1.1-08 and now cannot get access to the router

Thank you for the reply DanaA,

I initially applied the Firware over the LAN, hardwired into a local router on my desk. That connected my home office to the SRXN3205 in the basement.

The LED lights on the router are lit up (both lights) for the  ethernet cable I have plugged into the LAN 1 port. That is connect directly to my Mac now with an ethernet to thunderbolt network adapter. I do not currently have the WAN conneted since I have moved the device to my desk now for troubleshooting. When powering down the device and back on I get a the power light and the test light for a few moments then that test light disappears as the resart process completes.

I have pinged the address 192.168.1.1 with my Macintosh set to a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 / 255.255.255.0  and I have a 100% packet loss. I have confirmed the mac sees the physical ethernet connection. I cannot perform any network communication to the device what so ever.

I have performed several reboots, while holding the reset button now, all yield the same result (non functioning)

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello arobertson12345, 

Try one more factory reset using the instructions below: 

NOTE: The Factory Default button will be pushed for  a total of 90 seconds. 

1. While the unit is on push and hold the Factory Default button for 30 seconds. 
  2. Continue to hold the Factory Default button and turn the unit off. Keep holding for another 30 seconds. 
  3. Turn on the unit and keep the Factory Default button pressed, do this for 30 seconds more and then release. 
  4. Let the firewall boot up for about 2 minutes. 
  5. Try and access the user interface using its default IP and do a ping test. 

If after all of these has been done and you are experiencing the same issue, I would advise you to contact our support team and request for a hardware replacement. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements