Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Updating DDNS providers on an FVS336Gv2

vulogiccl2
Initiate

Updating DDNS providers on an FVS336Gv2

Are there any plans to update the supported DDNS providers on this device? Of the four DDNS providers that the unit supports, two no longer exist, one is Asian and has no English-language website, and the sole remaining US option has become quite pricey -- especially for a single host on an emergency failover line.

Thanks
CL

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @vulogiccl2,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I'm afraid to inform you that there will be no updates about the supported DDNS providers on the FVS336Gv2.  The FVS336Gv2 was already End-of-Life (EOL) long before it was announced that the whole NETGEAR ProSAFE VPN Firewall product line was declared EOL as well last September 1, 2017.  Kindly check the EOL announcement here.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
vulogiccl
Aspirant

So ... Did NETGEAR exit the firewall business altogether? I recall they made a similar announcement for another line of firewalls at the begining of the year. (I missed the September announcement; September was a hectic month for us downin hurricane country.) This is really concerning to me, since I have ProSAFE firewalls installed at a number of small business clients.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vulogiccl

Yes, NETGEAR exit both the ProSAFE VPN Firewall product line and the ProSECURE UTM Appliance product line.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vulogiccl

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements