Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uptime = LAN 20+ days, WAN 1.5 hours since last drop

Sspe
Aspirant

Uptime = LAN 20+ days, WAN 1.5 hours since last drop

I have 2 NETGEAR SRX5308 firewall routers, one being at each of our locations, communicating using VPN.

One location is starting to drop offline daily and at times multiple drops a day.

I have 2 NETGEAR SRX5308 firewall routers, one being at each of our locations, communicating using VPN.
One location is starting to drop offline daily and at times multiple drops a day.

All internet connection and camera feeds go offline, as well as the phone clients that are being served by the Voip server at the 2nd location via VPN. After a short time period everything comes back online.

On the router that is dropping offline, I see the uptime as LAN 20+ days and WAN 1.5 hours since last drop.

I ran a WAN packet capture on both routers and they both captured through a disconnection event.
However, I am not knowledgeable enough to know exactly what the capture files are showing.

I am currently running a LAN capture on both routers to try and catch another event.

Are there resources available to assist with this?
Especially now that these routers have reached EOL.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Uptime = LAN 20+ days, WAN 1.5 hours since last drop

@Sspe,

On the location that is starting to drop offline daily, kindly connect a PC/laptop directly to the SRX5308 then observe if you are able to access the internet just fine without using VPN for a day or two.  Are you able to access the internet just fine without using VPN directly to the SRX5308?

Also, on the location that is starting to drop offline daily, disconnect the SRX5308 from the modem.  Connect a PC/laptop directly to the modem and observe it you are able to access the internet just fine.  Are you able to access the internet just fine while you're directly connected to the modem? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements