Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN Configuration Wifi Guest

PasavICT
Aspirant

VLAN Configuration Wifi Guest

We want to setup a new network situation with multiple VLANS.

We have a SRX5308, with setuip VLAN 1 main network VLAN12 guest Network VLAN1 has no DHCP, and VLAN12 is setup as DHCP only for VLAN12.

Both VLAN are on Port 1 of the SRX5308

We have the SRX Connected to th GS724T on port 13

On Port 2 there is connected a GS108P thet is connected to our Wifi point.

The AP is configured to have Two SSID, Office, and Guest. Guest is set to VLANID 12

I'm confussed how to use Tagged and untagged in the swich. how to config this setup ?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VLAN Configuration Wifi Guest

Hi PasavICT,

The GS108P is a Gigabit unmanaged switch that supports PoE.  It does not have a VLAN feature.  Kindly check the GS108P data sheet here as reference.

I recommend you the GS110TP Gigabit PoE Smart switch.  The GS110TP supports VLAN.  Kindly check the GS110TP data sheet here

Kindly access the articles below as reference guide:

IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Example Configuration

How do I set up one or more VLANs between a NETGEAR ProSAFE firewall and a smart switch?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VLAN Configuration Wifi Guest

Hi PasavICT,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements