Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VNP FIREWALL FVS336GV2, Flash rollback?

Vickeli
Aspirant

VNP FIREWALL FVS336GV2, Flash rollback?

Is there ia way to rollback a firware update? I might have flashed FVS336GV2 with FVS336GV3.

I was on v4.3.3-4

Thanks for your help.

Vic

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Vickeli,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What is the behavior of the LED lights of the FVS336Gv2? 

Also, are you still able to login to the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2?  If yes, you can try to load the correct firmware for the FVS336Gv2. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Vickeli
Aspirant

@DaneA 

Dane thanks for the reply. I could no get to the Web-gui. I did not have console cables or the com1 port etc. on my computers. Anyway, I obtained them from amazon on Monday. I was able to flash the FVS336G V2 back and forth. No problem on that account.

My configuration is that I have a Cable Modem comcast (Netgear 1150 V) and and an ATT modem. Since ATT was very slow and the comcast had started providing Gb speeds. I thought I should be okay using two ports of 1150V and feeding them to the FVS336G V2. The "tech people"at comcast told me that I should be able to use all 4 ports on the back of the 1150V.

Anyway, I like wired internet, and Since my FVS336G V2 is on the blink. I am currently using the CM1150V to feed directly into my Linksys Velop (1 + 5) Wifi 6 configuration.

However, it is very unsafe, and I want to at least put my wired network back as the FVS336G V2 had 4 ports, and I want to put in in between the ISP and My Lans. I don't like outside people scanning my equipment.

Any suggestions in this regard will be very helpful.

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Vickeli,

I apologize for the late response. 

Dane thanks for the reply. I could no get to the Web-gui. I did not have console cables or the com1 port etc. on my computers. Anyway, I obtained them from amazon on Monday. I was able to flash the FVS336G V2 back and forth. No problem on that account.

Just to be clear, you are still not able to access the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2? 

Since the FVS336Gv2 is disconnected, are you able to get replies if you ping the default IP Address of the FVS336Gv2?  The default IP address of the FVS336Gv2 is 192.168.1.1.  

Try also to perform a factory reset on the FVS336Gv2.

If you have already performed a factory reset on the FVS336Gv2 and still not able to access its web-GUI, it suggest you to return the FVS336Gv2 to Amazon and ask for a replacement.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements