Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Client License

Ocampas
Aspirant

VPN Client License

I cannot activate my software.  Error 34.

Where is your chat portal??

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: VPN Client License

Hi @Ocampas,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you were having issues using the license that causes error 034. May I know what application are you using? Is it the Professional or the Client Lite? This error message pertains that the license key that you are using is not suitable to your installed software. If you are using the VPN lite, you may try to install the VPN Client Professional Software or do the other way around.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 17

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Ocampas wrote:

I cannot activate my software.  Error 34.

As suggested in the community (by Netgear mods) several times:

"I advise you to register the serial number of your FVS336Gv3 to your MyNETGEAR account.  After you have registered it, kindly open an e-mail ticket  under the FVS336Gv3.  State what happened and do not forget to indicate the e-mail address in case you have registered your VPN license key before."  

@Ocampas wrote:

Where is your chat portal??

Go to my.netgear.com Online Support -> My Support -> [Contact Support] ... select the product, and you get the applicable support options. 

Message 2 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

It is registered!

Message 3 of 17
schumaku
Guru

Great, so continue at that point as mentioned...

Message 4 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

I cannot find what you want me to find.  your website takes me everywhere but where I need to be.  I'm really confused.

Message 5 of 17
schumaku
Guru

It's not my Web site - I'm not Netgear. Lack of a crystal ball, I have no idea what you see or does create confusion. Here is what get:

Netgear - MyNetgear - Contact Support.PNGNetgear - MyNetgear - Get Help.PNGNetgear - MyNetgear - Select a Product.PNG

And because there is still mandatory moderation for in-line photos ... afraid it will take some time before you will be able to see these.

Message 6 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

When I click "contact support" the options you are refering to do not appear.  Only a blank spot where the options should be.

Message 7 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

So I used another browser and got to the point you needed me to be. I selected my router and still no solution to my problem.  This is becomming tiresome.  How can I activate my software??

Message 8 of 17
schumaku
Guru

You have to continue with the support options available. There is nothing more yet-another-customer helping in the community can do for you. Again, you don't talk to Netgear.

Message 9 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

Now i'm more confused, you are telling me you can't help me.  How do I get my software activated??

Message 10 of 17
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Ocampas,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you were having issues using the license that causes error 034. May I know what application are you using? Is it the Professional or the Client Lite? This error message pertains that the license key that you are using is not suitable to your installed software. If you are using the VPN lite, you may try to install the VPN Client Professional Software or do the other way around.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 11 of 17
schumaku
Guru

Thank you for the clarification @JohnC_V - this was not obvious from earlier similar posts.

What about the support part, where the OP reported not seeing the support options, and the OP had to use a different browser? 

Message 12 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

John, I am using the vpn client lite version that came with my router.  I installed the version on the cdrom and tried the upgraded version, 6.4, but still get the error 34.  Nothing is pointing to a solution.  I keep going in circles on the website and always end up where I started with no solution.  How can I get this license activated?

Message 13 of 17
schumaku
Guru

The information ref. my.netgear.com was aimed towards your question about the chat support access. 

Message 14 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

No thumbs up until my license is activated.

Message 15 of 17
Ocampas
Aspirant

I really need my license activated.  The client is waiting on me to complete the install.

Please look here and tell me how to activate my license.

https://kb.netgear.com/31419/VPN-Lite-Software-Version-v6-40-004

Message 16 of 17
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Ocampas,

Please send me the license key via pm. I'll forward it to our engineering team and have it reset.

Regards.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements