Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Tunnel 'Connection Status' shows IP's under POLICY NAME instead of the actual Policy Name

Augello
Tutor

VPN Tunnel 'Connection Status' shows IP's under POLICY NAME instead of the actual Policy Name

Hello:

I've connected my laptop to the office router using the VPN Client Lite software.

My issue is that when in the Router's WEB Interface and I select 'VPN' and then select 'Connection Status'; what I see is the Remote Client's IP Address under the POLICY NAME instead of the actual Policy Name.  Is there any way to have the Policy Name displayed as it is for my Box to Box VPN Tunnels?

Thank you for your comments and support.

Mike

Model: SRXN3205|ProSafe Wireless-N VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VPN Tunnel 'Connection Status' shows IP's under POLICY NAME instead of the actual Policy Name

@Augello,

Is the Policy Name you are referring to is unique (meaning there are no 2 or more Policy Names having the same name) to all other Policy Names that are actually displayed in the Connection Status?  

Kindly try to delete the existing IKE/ VPN policy wherein it shows as IP address instead of the actual Policy Name.  Then reconfigure it and to isolate the problem, use a different Policy Name (or Connection Name) when you reconfigure it.  Then, check if the same problem will occur.  

If the same problem occurs, kindly post images or screenshots of the client-to-box VPN configuration you did as well as the Policy Name that still shows as IP address instead of the actual Policy Name.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Augello
Tutor

Yes the name is unique.  I've only ever created two other tunnels and they've been in use for 2 years.  I just added a new one for a new remote user and what I see under name is the user's IP Address.  Since it's a live system I can't work on it when in use.  So I haven't tried deleting and recreating with a different name; but I am 1000% possitive the name was never used before.  

Model: SRXN3205|ProSafe Wireless-N VPN Firewall
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements