Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN client software - 5 users or 5 computers?

ppsinc22
Aspirant

VPN client software - 5 users or 5 computers?

Can an email address be used to activate one of the five VPN client licenses on two different computers? I set up my home desktop and my travel laptop with different email addresses years ago without thinking of preserving the licenses because I didn't have a need for others to get on the VPN.  But we have grown and I've deployed three other users. I'm pretty sure my license count is five because five email addresses have been used to get the software activated on five machines.  Now I need a real fifth user to get on. I am hoping I am counted as one user with two distinct machines that would never be used at the same time.  Succinct form of the question: Can two machines be activated with the same email address for a single user?

Mike 

Mike

Thanks!

Mike

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ppsinc22
Aspirant

Re: VPN client software - 5 users or 5 computers?

OK, thanks. Thanks for being there to reset the counter when one license needs to be moved from one user to another and when a user needs to move to a new computer. The hardware and the software work very well and I hope to be able to keep it in place going forward and through staff and computer changes.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ppsinc22,

Can an email address be used to activate one of the five VPN client licenses on two different computers?

You can use one e-mail address to activate one VPN Client license on one computer.  Then, use the same e-mail address to activate another VPN Client license on another computer.  Hence, you can activate all of the 5-user VPN Professional Client license keys using one e-mail address. 

Can two machines be activated with the same email address for a single user?

Yes.  Each of the two machines should have a different VPN Client license and both can be activated using one e-mail address.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
ppsinc22
Aspirant

Is there any way these days to purchase new licenses for the VPN software?  I can live with the limits of my five licenses which enable five computers, but I would like to be able to add one more user.  If so, how??  Thanks!

Mike

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ppsinc22,

I apologize for the late response for I just logged in again today here in the community.

Is there any way these days to purchase new licenses for the VPN software?  I can live with the limits of my five licenses which enable five computers, but I would like to be able to add one more user.  If so, how?? 

The VPN Professional Client Software (both 1-user and 5-user license) has been discontinued last 2017.  As reference, kindly check the announcement indicated on the product page of VPNG01L here and the VPN05L here as well.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
ppsinc22
Aspirant

OK, thanks. Thanks for being there to reset the counter when one license needs to be moved from one user to another and when a user needs to move to a new computer. The hardware and the software work very well and I hope to be able to keep it in place going forward and through staff and computer changes.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements