Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN stops passing traffic - FVS336GV2 and FVS318G

bschorr
Aspirant

VPN stops passing traffic - FVS336GV2 and FVS318G

Last September we installed an FVS336GV2 and an FVS318G at two sites and configured an IPSEC VPN between them. It was a minor hassle to set up but once it was up it worked great...for about 6 months.

Suddenly several weeks ago it stopped passing network traffic. The VPN status still shows "IPsec SA Established" but for some reason we can't access resources on the other side of the VPN anymore. Even basic ping across the VPN fails.

I tried deleting and recreating the VPN...no joy. I don't see anything useful in the logs and nothing should have changed since it was working - though clearly something has.

Both devices have the latest firmware installed.

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If your are using dyndns service makes sure wan ip is correctly register in dyndns account
Message 2 of 7
Marto731
Aspirant

To Bschorr,
Can you think of any network changes, OS changes, Antivirus etc,
new software loaded on your network, at the time that the VPN stopped?

Any update since July 14th?

Thanks Marto
Message 3 of 7
Redphone
Novice

I'm having this same issue. I've got two FVS336GV2's installed and connected to eachother over IPSEC.

They have been stable and working for over a month.

Suddenly today I cannot see resources over the VPN, cannot ping the LAN interface of the FVS336GV2 over the tunnel from either side.

IPsec SA still shows Established, i'm still seeing the Packets transmitted count rising... all looks well.

Please don't reply with a suggestion to check DDNS as this is using static IP and if it was a DDNS issue it sure as heck wouldn't show established.

I have restarted both devices and re-established the VPN multiple times.

Any ideas?
Message 4 of 7
Redphone
Novice

I'm having this same issue. I've got two FVS336GV2's installed and connected to eachother over IPSEC.

They have been stable and working for over a month.

Suddenly today I cannot see resources over the VPN, cannot ping the LAN interface of the FVS336GV2 over the tunnel from either side.

IPsec SA still shows Established, i'm still seeing the Packets transmitted count rising... all looks well.

Please don't reply with a suggestion to check DDNS as this is using static IP and if it was a DDNS issue it sure as heck wouldn't show established.

I have restarted both devices and re-established the VPN multiple times.

Any ideas would be very welcome.
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if it was a DDNS issue it sure as heck wouldn't show established.

Actually it will for router to establish because it will just see current registered IP to used .. you will not get traffic when you try to access the LAN, router will know it originated from different public IP then DDNS register IP.

try delete policy and recreate with new policy name
Message 6 of 7
adit
Mentor

Check the time on each router.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements