Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN success but can't open share folder.

Kennymcchau
Tutor

VPN success but can't open share folder.

Dear Experts,

Our company had formed an 3 sites VPN with all SRX5308. However, one of the SRX5308 was failure and I had replaced it with BR500. I had set back the VPN according to the setup manual, one of the link success but the other failed. Moreover, even on the success link, I can ping the shared drive but can't access, also the other way round, they can ping us but can't access. 

Is there any rules that i need to setup in the BR500 to allow access on both sides?

Thanks for your help.

Kenny. 

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router, SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kennymcchau
Tutor

Re: VPN success but can't open share folder.

Dear DaneA,

With the suggestions of support, I had downgraded the firmware from v5.8.0.1 to v5.7.0.4 and I can ping and access the remote sites shared folder and firewall and the other way round, they can access our server and shared drive.

Thanks for your help.

Kenny.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kennymcchau,

Welcome to the company! 🙂 

I had set back the VPN according to the setup manual, one of the link success but the other failed. 

Not sure if you have already came across with the articles below.  Kindly access it and double check your configuration.  

How do I set up a site-to-site IPSec VPN on my NETGEAR BR500 Business Router?

IPSec VPN Setup between BR500 and SRX5308

Moreover, even on the success link, I can ping the shared drive but can't access, also the other way round, they can ping us but can't access. 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Is your shared drive a ReadyNAS?  If yes, what is the exact model of it? 

b. Are you trying to access the shared drive via SMB access?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Kennymcchau
Tutor

Dear DaneA,

Thanks for your reply.

I had setup the VPN according to the information you provided (searched from the net) and actually all of the VPN links are up.

However, I still can't access the remote sites with the IP address of the share folder and server or the other way round that they can't access my sites' server and shared folder. I had used the IP address to access the shared drive like \\192.168.143.xxx\foldername. Also, they can't use the remote desktop with ip address to access the server at my site.

I am not sure how to get it done success as before the SRX5308 failure, all the links are working fine without the issue like this.

Thanks for your help.

Kenny.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kennymcchau,

Is the shared drive located in the BR500 site or on one of the SRX5308 sites?  If ever the shared drive is located on on of the SRX5308 sites and since the VPN connection is established, are you able to access the shared from the SRX5308 Site A to SRX5308 Site B and vice versa?  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Kennymcchau
Tutor

Dear DaneA,

With the suggestions of support, I had downgraded the firmware from v5.8.0.1 to v5.7.0.4 and I can ping and access the remote sites shared folder and firewall and the other way round, they can access our server and shared drive.

Thanks for your help.

Kenny.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements