Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vpn wirh fs318v3

Bosix
Aspirant

Vpn wirh fs318v3

Hi All,

I'm having troubles setting up a vpn between Netgear vpn client and a fvs318v3 vpn firewall.
I followed the tutorials found here and the tunnel goes up.
The problem Is that the client receives the following ip address: 10.10.10.10 which Is not part of the remote lan (classic 192.168.0.0).
Why does that happen? How Can i Fix It?

Many thanks.
Model: FVS318|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Vpn wirh fs318v3

Hi @Bosix,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The problem Is that the client receives the following ip address: 10.10.10.10 which Is not part of the remote lan (classic 192.168.0.0).

This is just fine.  The IP address given to the VPN client will be different from the LAN IP Address of the Remote LAN.  

Since the tunnel goes up, you should be able to access the Remote LAN through the VPN tunnel.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Bosix
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Actually it does not work.

From the client I can't neither ping any IP address in the Remote LAN, nor connect to any peer, such as the VPN firewall LAN IP address via HTTP  or the Local NAS directories using windows net use.

What am I missing?

BR,

Lorenzo

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Bosix,

Kindly try to delete then re-create the VPN & IKE policies.  If ever you have not yet came across with this, let me share the article below and use it as your reference guide: 

How to configure a VPN connection between ProSAFE VPN client software and old NETGEAR firewalls?

What is the current firmware of your FVS318v3?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade it.  The latest firmware for the FVS318v3 is v3.0_28.  You can download it here.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the FVS318v3 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version. 

What is the brand and version of the VPN Client software you are using?  

Note: The FVS318v3 is an old VPN router model and there has been no new firmware release since it is already EoL (End-of-Life).  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
aunetwork
Aspirant

I am also getting an address of 10.10.10.10 and can't see anything on the remote network. Has there been a fix for this?

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 5 of 7
aunetwork
Aspirant

I am also getting an assigned address of 10.10.10.10 when I should be getting subnet 192.168.0.0.  Has there been an update?

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @aunetwork,

I am also getting an address of 10.10.10.10 and can't see anything on the remote network. Has there been a fix for this?

Are there any changes made on the settings of the FVS318v3?  Are you using the NETGEAR VPN Professional Client software?

You may want to delete then re-create the VPN & IKE policies.

I am also getting an assigned address of 10.10.10.10 when I should be getting subnet 192.168.0.0.  Has there been an update?

The FVS318v3 is already EoL (End-of-Life) years ago.  There has been no update or new firmware release for this device ever since it was discontinued. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements