Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAN 1-4 as single interfaces

Gleeman
Aspirant

WAN 1-4 as single interfaces

Hi,

I have the SRX5308. Is it possible to use all of the WAN interfaces as single interfaces ?

for example : I have dynamic WAN IP's and i want WAN1 to use a different DDNS name then WAN2, WAN3, WAN4. Is that possible ?

thanks
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WAN 1-4 as single interfaces

NO...,,,,,,,,,
Message 2 of 5
Gleeman
Aspirant

Ok so only possible in loadbalancing mode and assigning a different DDNS to each WAN port ...
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if you lean load balance or fail over, you want up to 4 different broadband
Message 4 of 5
Markwirez
Aspirant

Gleeman wrote:
Hi,

I have the SRX5308. Is it possible to use all of the WAN interfaces as single interfaces ?

for example : I have dynamic WAN IP's and i want WAN1 to use a different DDNS name then WAN2, WAN3, WAN4. Is that possible ?

thanks

You can use Separate independent DYNDNS Names on each interface. Also use Round robin Load balancing and then setup Protocol Binding (Netgear's version Policy Based Routing). You can use specific source ranges/Destinations to keep multiple IP's only going one way or the other.

One thing you can't do is Bind the WAN ports together with any type of Link aggregation but you can do Equal Cost Static Routing based on Destination.

there is nothing in the code that blocks you from using WAN 1 and Wan 2 with separate IP's from the same provider. Just setup your WAN 1 and WAN 2 pointing at the proper gateways and the intergrated Dyndns Page can be set to use individual DYNDNS IP's on each interface.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements