Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What to do about replacing FVS318N now that netgear is out of the firewall business

joe_schmo
Tutor

What to do about replacing FVS318N now that netgear is out of the firewall business

So I have a GS752TP switch that connects to my FVS318N.  The FVS318N is my DHCP server and vlan manager, etc.  But I need something that gives me more WAN-LAN throughput and I saw that Netgear isn't selling a VPN firewall anymore.  So confused on that, but OK... what are my best options for a firewall / router?

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What to do about replacing FVS318N now that netgear is out of the firewall business

Hi @joe_schmo,

Since the NETGEAR ProSAFE VPN Firewall product line has been discontinued, there is no news yet if there will be a new VPN Firewall / Router product that would replace it.  You may seek to other manufacturers and its alright.  Some of the specifications that you need to check are the following:  

a. LAN-to-WAN Throughput

b. IPSec VPN Throughput

c. Dedicated IPSec Tunnels supported

d. Firewall Functions such Whitelist/Blacklist, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), etc. 

e. Support for 802.1Q VLAN

f.  VoIP Support

g. IPv6 Support

h. WAN Failover

i. WAN Load Balancing

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What to do about replacing FVS318N now that netgear is out of the firewall business

@joe_schmo,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements