Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

br200 qos database

Bond-James-Bond
Follower

br200 qos database

Two issues:

1 - the br500 is the only item in this category for business routers. the br200 is missing.  fix that.

2 - despite having 5 of these br200 purchased just 5 months ago in july 2021, the QoS database on it is from 2015.  Any attempts to update it result in a failure.  It is ludicrous that a qos database is going on 8 years old.  When will a new database be available?   Note, don't reply with a "none planned", that is not acceptable.  This is a business device.  Date, and time, or what firmware release it will be tied to and the ETA for that firmware.

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: br200 qos database

@YeZ please - 007 is waiting

Message 2 of 3
ZbigT
Guide

Re: br200 qos database

DISCLAIMER: a regular former user here, not affiliated with Netgear

I'm sorry to disspoint, but I'm afraid that'd be: "nope" and "never". The sad thruth is BR200 and its "business" pedigree is a bit of a joke. As I explain in my other post it's based on an old gaming router's design - there is literally an old Nighthawk's model mostly unpopulated PCB sitting  in the metal case. I've already been told by a Netgear representative that BR200 has been EOLed for several months now, less than a year after it was announced. Of course I'm not saying the sole reason for its existence was somenoe sitting on a batch of old unsold gaming router boards. The firmware isn't any better and just a quick glance with a serial to USB adapter shows it's a home/gaming router's firmware stripped off of any mentions of WiFi stuff and flashy "gamer" aesthetics.

So yeah, I'm afraid you'd have to down one shaken not stirred and look around for a big boy's router like I had to do.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements