Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't update firmware on FVS318Gv2 and ports not staying connected

AirSkeeter
Initiate

can't update firmware on FVS318Gv2 and ports not staying connected

I have a FVS318Gv2 that has been dropping internet connection intermittantly and is on firmware 4.3.3-6. I have tried to update the firmware using all the advise found on this community, (through the gui and by telnet). The GUI  says file is corrupt and through telnet it times out and says invalid software. I have tried several ports, ( only port 1 will maintain a connection and that is if I force the connection speed.) I have tried multiple computers, nothing changes. I even tried to use chat but it is not available. Need Help. Any suggestions? Do you have to telnet though the console port? If so, will a Cisco console cable work?

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: can't update firmware on FVS318Gv2 and ports not staying connected

Hi @AirSkeeter,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Are you trying to upgrade to the latest firmware v4.3.5-3?  If yes, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v4.3.3-6 to v4.3.3-8.  Take note of the file size of the firmware version you have downloaded (for example: firmware v4.3.3-8 is 24.2MB).  Then, upgrade the firmware from v4.3.3-8 to v4.3.4-1 and so on until you reach the latest firmware which v4.3.5-3.  Perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  

You can download the FVS318Gv2 firmware versions here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
AirSkeeter
Initiate

Re: can't update firmware on FVS318Gv2 and ports not staying connected

I have tried all versions of firmware and now have a case open

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies