Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

disable SSL 2.0 and 3.0 SRX5308

zakzakzak20
Aspirant

disable SSL 2.0 and 3.0 SRX5308

Hi,

We have just run a vunerability scan, one of the highlighted issues is that 'The remote service accepts connections encrypted using SSL 2.0 and/or SSL 3.0.' 

The recommendation is to disable SSL 2.0 and 3.0. However, I do not know where those settings are within the router. Any ideas?

Thanks

Z

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: disable SSL 2.0 and 3.0 SRX5308

Hi zakzakzak20,

We can only disable the SSLv3 from the firewall if you created an SSL portal. By default, it is disabled. You may try to create a port forwarding in outbound / inbound and deny the service.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: disable SSL 2.0 and 3.0 SRX5308

Hi zakzakzak20,

We can only disable the SSLv3 from the firewall if you created an SSL portal. By default, it is disabled. You may try to create a port forwarding in outbound / inbound and deny the service.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements