Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

fvs336gv3 VPN Client Not Working

Tako30
Aspirant

fvs336gv3 VPN Client Not Working

Good Day People,

I am having trouble establishing conection to my office location using the NetGear VPn client software and following the step by step instruction in configuring both the server side and client side of the VPN.

Upon finalizing both configurations I open the client on my laptop and attempt to open the tunnel.

The tunnel opens succesfully both once I try to acces my office network resources none of them are available. I tried pinging afew other components within that network and none of the attempts are succesful.

If anyone has expereince any ssimilar issues please help me. I have contacted support about this with out any succes on troubleshooting.

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: fvs336gv3 VPN Client Not Working

Hi Tako30,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you were able to connect thru VPN but you cannot ping the resources on the other end. In order for you to ping windows pc, you need to disable the windows firewall and the anti-virus on the computer that you wanted to ping. The LAN IP Address of your remote location should be different from your local network. It shouldn't be the same as it may cause a conflict. You may try to ping printers or scanners as this devices doesn't have any firewall.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Tako30,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if you still need further assistance and just in case that the reply would be the answer to your issue. I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Tako30
Aspirant

I have tried that with a few computers but the results are the same. Also not all the devices that I'm trying to ping are Windows based, there is a NAS drive, amongst other equipment... not able to ping any of it.

On Thursday July 27th, 2017  another NetGear technical support associate tried to help me fix this issue without any solutions. He recommended I update my Firmware to the latest version, which didn't change anything.

If anyone else out there has any other solutinos please let me know.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Tako30,

As I checked the case that you have that you are only using a free trial version of the VPN client. Usually our firewalls have a free VPN license key included in the package. You were also stuck in phase 2, it means that you were able to communicate with the firewall already and you just need to double check the settings that you have. May you be able to check if there is ANY service created under inbound rules on your firewall? Please disable it and indicate an IP on "VPN client address".

Please refer to this manual.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Tako30
Aspirant

John Carlo

Thank you for your time. There are a few in bound services created but I am not able to disable them due to some services that we are hosting within our network. I have followed the Manual you referred me to on your last post ever since I first created the initial VPN configuraion, and so did you colleague when he was helping me remotely.

Unfortunately I can not get a hold of the VPN license that came with the device (appears someone a the office disposed of it...) I have tried obtaining a new one from NetGear and 3rd party retailers but its nearly impossible to obtain.

Once again thank you for your attempt to help me, I know this is a painful case but I really need to get the VPN working. I am hoping we can find a solution soon.  

Message 6 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Tako30,

What I mean is "ANY" under inbound rules. Kindly double check that as it may have a conflict on VPN tunnel. You may also try to request a VPN license key with our support team. You may send an email on your existing case, just login to my.netgear.com and go to "My support".

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements