× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

limited admin options on the BR200

I have a couple issues with this BR200 that I installed today at a customer site.

1) no remote administration option: I understand that the intention is to use insight, but I would still like to use the web gui on the router remotely

2) insight management doesn't have QOS based on MAC or DSCP or IP

3) insight management doesn't have setting for port forwarding/triggering

4) can I not get into the admin web console UI of the br200 from Insight, so I can see the same interface that I see when I am local to the br200 (this is the one that leaves me scratching my head).  This seems like an obvious option that I can't find on insight, am I missing it?

5) my $50 cheapo router has remote admin for all the settings in it, why not the BR200?

I like the idea of having every netgear device that I manage centralized in a single portal, but I need way more control then what appears to be there now.  This is not working for me.  I now have to go back to the site tomorrow to set up a port forward to a local device on the network.

2 Comments
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ikimbleygrt,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Moved your post here in the Idea Exchange for Business board. In this way, the development team can see what feature does users wanted to be added to the functionality of the BR200 and NETGEAR Insight. Just to let you know, the more kudos given by community members to this feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and will be considered.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

david324
Follower

The NETGEAR genie application also permits you set up cloud access that can attest you to control your Netgear switch's key settings by implication from an iOS or Android contraption. For empowering inaccessible access, you should be connected with your Netgear switch locally. To gain ability with the best approach to instigate inaccessible access, you should go to the web address routerlogin.net from your upheld web program.