can you recommend any router?

thank you 

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: looking for a router that can cover up more than 100 user

@Gyu_D,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly check the SXR30 Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini AX1800 Router.  Kindly check its specification on the data sheet here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
BudGreen
Aspirant

I'm looking for the same. Checked the data sheet you referenced. No indication of maximum simultaneous connections. Can you tell me where that information is located?

Thanks,

PEACE

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BudGreen,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The maximum number of concurrent devices in the Orbi Pro network is 40.  As reference, kindly check pages 243 & 244 of the SXK30 user manual here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Ewarrior
Aspirant

For anyone looking for a replacement for an unsupported netgear router/firewall/vpn device I’d suggest a Netgate device. I used multiple SRX5308 devices for years and was quite satisfied however there have been no software updates since 2017. Replaced all with Netgate devices running Pfsense + software. Easily replicated all software features I had with the old SRX5308 devices (firewall rules, NAT, VPN, port forwarding, 1:1 NAT, etc) plus more. Upgraded all my Netgear unmanaged switches with Netgear managed switches to utilize VLAN feature for better LAN security.
Message 5 of 6
abacqdghfth
Guide

I have experience of both SXR80 and SXR30 as main router.  Both of them allow WI-Fi to be turned off if it not needed.

Both support upto 5 VLAN and DHCP pools.  Each DHCP pools can give out 512  DHCP address. 

SXR80 has 2.5G WAN port too. It can support multi-gig NAT throughputs.  LAN ports can be LAGGED.

SXR30 is one best in class (at its price range).  it can support 800+Mbps of NAT data throughputs.

(Quad core A53 CPU).

I have about 3 satellite, 30 wireless clients and 30 wired clients on SXR80 these days. 

I get max that my ISP supports (900+ mbps up and down speeds)

100 clients should be no problem for SXR80/SXK80.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements