Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

pre-sales question on BR200

hhggzz
Aspirant

pre-sales question on BR200

I am a home owner with kids and I'd like to replace a poor-performing product with the BR200. This is the set of rules I have now. Can I do this with the BR200 without the CLI?

1. I have a list of mac addresses which can access everything 24x7. 
  2. My kid's equipment (about 8 mac addresses) is blocked from access the internet from 11:15pm to 3am on nights when they have school the next day (Sun-Thurs). Fri & Sat nights, the internet turns off at 12:30am (actually the next morning)
  3. I have a list of about 40 domains (netflix for example) which I block for their mac addresses when they should be doing school work - Mon through Fri from 6am to 3pm.
Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: pre-sales question on BR200

@hhggzz,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You can specify keywords and domains to block Internet sites and set up a schedule to it.  As reference, kindly access the BR200 user manual here and read pages 54-55 on how to specify keywords and domains to block Internet sites and pages 62-63 on how to set up a schedule for blocking.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
hhggzz
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I bought the BR200 and am trying to get things set up.  Through the web interface, it looks like there is only a single schedule that can be set up. 

This means that I don't think I can do what I asked in my inquiry.  It doesn't look like I can create a schedule for Sunday through Thursday and another for Friday and Saturday night.

Am I missing something?  Can this be done through a CLI or something?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hhggzz,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 😞  There is no CLI on the BR200. 

Since the BR200 is just newly purchased, I recommend you to return it to the store.  I'm sorry for this hassle.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements