Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: prosafe fvs 318 and 338 compatibility

DrCLee
Aspirant

prosafe fvs 318 and 338 compatibility

Hi all

i have 2 locations with VPN connection via fvs 338. i have intermittent drop outs on 1 location being serviced with fiber and the service provider wants to isolate the problem as there is an authentication error. As this is a business, i cannot afford to run diagnostics by disconnecting the netgear vpn router and connecting a laptop to the NEC fiber box to see if the errors continue. the other option is to swap out the router with a different router and see if it corrects the problem. if it does not then they will send a tech to change their nec fiber modem.

i have a fvs 318 modem at home and wonder if i can duplicate the settings from the 338. so my question is 

1 will the 318 work with the 338 at the other side? ie is the vpn compatible

2 is duplicating the same settings ok if above is compatible

thanks very much for your thoughts

chris

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi DrCLee,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It would be possible if you will just replicate the configuration from the 338 going to the 318 from scratch. I suggest, take screenshots of the configuration for you to have a copy and apply it to the other firewall. We cannot back up the configuration and upload it to the other device as they have different firmware and hardware version.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi DrCLee,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It would be possible if you will just replicate the configuration from the 338 going to the 318 from scratch. I suggest, take screenshots of the configuration for you to have a copy and apply it to the other firewall. We cannot back up the configuration and upload it to the other device as they have different firmware and hardware version.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DrCLee
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your help

Will give it a go

Chris
Message 3 of 4
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi DrClee, 

Check IPsec VPN logs under Monitoring > VPN logs. This will help you to understand the intermittent issue. 

You can setup VPN IPsec to FVS318 firewall router but the GUI is difference from FVS338. Check the FVS338 configuration first to see if possible to setup using the FVS318 firewall router.  

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements