Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

replacing Fvs336GV2 with SRX5308 - configuration issues

sabre_tooth
Follower

replacing Fvs336GV2 with SRX5308 - configuration issues

I purchased an SRX5308 Firewall to replace my FVS336GV2 so I can process faster internet speeds.  I thought I had correctly configured it and it was running well for about 23 or 24 hours.  All of a sudden, I started having miscellaneous machines dropping internet connection.  In some cases it helped to diable and the enable the network adapter but this doesnt always do the job.  All the PC's are connected through a Dell managed switch (currently in "unmanaged" mode.  I don't have a lot of experience with firewalls...  I have both firewalls still and have swapped them back and forth.  The FVS works fine but maxes at 30 Mbps while the SRX handles my full 100Mbps.  Can anyone tell me what to look for?  All machines are on DHCP and hard wired through the switch.  Thank you in advance

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: replacing Fvs336GV2 with SRX5308 - configuration issues

Hi sabre_tooth,

I suggest you to upgrade first the firmware of your SRX5308 to its latest version. You may download it here.

Welcome to our community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: replacing Fvs336GV2 with SRX5308 - configuration issues

@sabre_tooth,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements