Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

slow speeds with FVS336Gv2

scottdnj
Follower

slow speeds with FVS336Gv2

just upgraded cable internet to 60/30 but the router wont give more than about 30/30  ????

Message 1 of 9
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: slow speeds with FVS336Gv2

Hello scottdnj, 

Welcome to the community! 

The LAN-to-WAN throughput for this model is 60Mbps total. What is the firmware version you are using? 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 9
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi scottdnj, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 9
InterContinenta
Aspirant

I have a model fvs336gv2 with firmware version 4.3.3-6 on it. i just upgraded to comcast 50/10 and only getting about 25-28/10 speeds.  I am also having problems on computer saying "resolving host" and taking a time to load pages. I have no problems with the vpn connection to the two other sites.

Strange. Hope someone can help. I am now using googles dns, thinking it may help but to now avail.

Scott

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 4 of 9
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello InterContinenta, 

Pretty normal to me, the maximum it can reach is about 30Mbps. Just like what I have mentioned in  my previous post the throughput for the router is 60Mbps total, 30 up-30 down. Bandwidth reduces as well when you have firewall rules. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 9
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi InterContinenta.

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future! 

Thanks,

Message 6 of 9
don_daniel
Tutor

this is a gigabit firewall...!!! how can it be that there is only  a passthrough of 60mpbs???

this is cheating on your customers! 

Message 7 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi don_daniel,

The FVS336Gv2 has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput of 60Mbps.  I have already replied to your post here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 9
InterContinenta
Aspirant

One thing I figured out is, that the older routers where not designed for the amount of throughput to / from the internet.  You need a newer model (SRX5308).  if you read the spec on them, they give you the throughput on them.  Also, something to think about is, are you using vpn connections?  You need to take into account the amount of bandwidth they take.

All in all, I am now using the SRX5308 in all locations.  This router has a throughput of about 1 Gbps.  Now, I am sure they are going to start upping this with the invention of Gigabit internet, at least I hope so.

Scott

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements