Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

srx 5308 hangs up and wont function

dabuddha
Follower

srx 5308 hangs up and wont function

I have a 5308 which had been up and running fine for over a year and now it's hung up and wont pass lan or wan data. All lights look fine externally but it doesn't show up on the network, hand out dhcp addresses or serve it's purpose.  You have to power off and on the box to restore service.

Power and environmentals at the site are fine and all other devices in the same cabinet are never impacted.

It was running 4.3.1-22 and I've since upgraded it to 4.3.2.7

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: srx 5308 hangs up and wont function

Hello dabuddha, 

Welcome to the community! 

You are a bit behind on the firmware version, the latest version is 4.3.3-8. I'd update it to the latest version and perform a factory reset. Do you have a lot of traffic on your network? Did you notice if the router/firewall's temperature is higher than normal? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: srx 5308 hangs up and wont function

Hi dabuddha, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements