Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

srx5308 firmware upgrade

tbparker
Aspirant

srx5308 firmware upgrade

I'm unable to upgrade my firmware to 4.3.5.3. It keeps taking me back to the login screen.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: srx5308 firmware upgrade

Hi @tbparker,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Make sure that the PC you are using is directly connected to any of the LAN port of the SRX5308.

2. Clear the cache of the browser you are using then try again to upgrade the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.5.3.

3. Use other browsers such as Firefox or Safari then try again to upgrade the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.5.3.

4. Use other PC or laptop then try again to upgrade the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.5.3.

5. Reboot the SRX5308 then try again to upgrade the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.5.3.

6. If ever the above steps does not work, perform a factory reset on the SRX5308 then try again to upgrade the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.5.3.  If ever you are able to upgrade the firmware, perform another factory reset then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version. 

Let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tbparker,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to perform the steps I suggested?  If yes, what is the result? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
tbparker
Aspirant

The factory reset  did the trick.. Thank you

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tbparker,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that you were able to upgrade the firmware after doing a factory reset. 🙂

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements