Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: srx5308 upnp activated but my qnap cannot assign its ports

don_daniel
Tutor

lets then get back to my initial issue... 

... port triggering (and maybe together with upnp activated) does cause outages at my router..!
I remove port triggering and the upnp works fine and no outages happen anymore..
I could of course use lan to wan port settings instead port triggering.. still.. the above setting I paid for and I'd like to have it fully working..!

Message 26 of 36
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi don_daniel,

Were you able to add another device which has UPnP capability (which is not one of the QNAP NAS) and see if a separate device is seeing the same issue with UPnP table being cleared and needing to re-scan in order to isolate the problem?  Kindly get the dbg logs as well to be analyzed.

Since you have also raise your concern to the QNAP Support Team, may we know what are their findings? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 27 of 36
don_daniel
Tutor

hi

I have no other devices with UPNP settings in my LAN. and the problem is not the UPNP of the QNAP NAS as they work fine as long as the port triggering is not set... so the problem is actually the port triggering that I had set... i removed them a week ago and all, including upnp is working fine! 

the issue seems to be the port triggering. 

qnap has checkt the qnap log an d has found the same conclusion.. 

regards

dondaniel

Message 28 of 36
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi don_daniel,

You mentioned that port triggering causes outages on the SRX5308.  Kindly post a screenshot of the port triggering you have configured.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 29 of 36
don_daniel
Tutor

for obvious reasons I cannot send a screenshot (have removed the settings). but the following I did set as port trigger rules
Name Enable Protocol Outgoing Ports Incoming Ports Action
Start Port End Port Start Port End Port
1 VM_QNAPXXX Yes TCP 8088 8088 8088 8088 Edit
2 VM_QNAPYYY Yes TCP 8089 8089 8089 8089 Edit
3 VM_QNAPZZZ Yes TCP 3388 3388 3388 3388 Edit

Message 30 of 36
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@don_daniel,

I apologize for the late reply.  I got a feedback recently from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support regarding your concern.  According to them, it would be best that you open an online case with NETGEAR Support about your concern for further investigation.  Kindly state your concern as well as attach the logs and screenshots on the online case. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 31 of 36
don_daniel
Tutor

well danea

i did that already some time ago.. and since the netgear I bought as a 2nd hand, netgear online did refuse any help and support and was directing me to the community... 

and now you tell me that I can't get any help here but need to report to netgear support..? seems there is a catch22 which is not going to help me in any way... 

regards

dondaniel

Message 32 of 36
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@don_daniel,

I apologize if you felt that way. 😞  I've been doing the best that I can to help that is why I make time to consult your concern and follow-up on it to higher tier of NETGEAR Support even though I am not part of NETGEAR Support team. 

It seems to me that the engineering team should get involved in your concern that is why it was advised to open an online case with NETGEAR Support for further investigation.  

Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience.  Hope that someone here on the community (who has same concerns as yours that got resolved) could reply on this forum thread and share his/her experience.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 33 of 36
don_daniel
Tutor

In any case than k you for the effort you have put in this case. 

if netgear confirms that I can re.open the case even if i am not the first buyer of the hardware, I will do so... 

Message 34 of 36
uiguy77
Aspirant

same issues with upno dropping my port forwarding from my Synology box... then every now and again, my dynamic IP (which should point to my NAS) suddenly points to a CCTV cam...

This should really be a lot more simpler to setup... grrr

Message 35 of 36
don_daniel
Tutor

port trigger doesnt work as my firewall is having outages all the time... so, instead I did set the lan wan port wordarding rules manually... it works now, but would have expected from netgear a professional service in solving issues instead of hiding behind their own rules of not helping customers who have not bought the hardware in a licensed shop... its a shame!

Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements