Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disney Circle

Kap10
Follower

Disney Circle

Is Orbi compatible with Disney Circle?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Disney Circle

Hi all,

Circle support for Orbi will be available in future updates but no ETA is available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 19

All Replies

i dont believe so 

Message 2 of 19
zwil
Aspirant

We have the orbi and the circle seems to be working just fine. 

Message 3 of 19
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

All our routers are compatible and will work with the Circle box.

We earlier this week released on just Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router [R7000P]  a new firmware that integrates the Circle functionality, so that customers can manage internet content and time across all their devices without the need for the separate Circle Box.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 19
rybickirj
Aspirant

I was wondering when will they?, or have they already released the firmware update with the circle with Disney for the R7500v2?? or can i somehow update my firmware with the one that is from the R7000P??

if I would have known that the R7000P (AC2300)was going to come out with the Circle app i would have bought that one instead of my R7500v2(AC2350) 

the two routers are not all that differnt from each other that i can see.. i dont see why the firmware from the one wont work on the other... makes me wonder why they have differnt firmware to begin with..

Message 5 of 19
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rybickirj,

As it stands, the R7500v2 is not supported by the Circle app. Different router models have different firmware since they differ hardware wise.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 19
Venosaur
Tutor

hello, 

I would like to ask about Circle Box. Do You think that is the best way to protect childrens in net. Of course that Premium looks so nice. But how this Circle Box for example in R7000 influance on routers work. 

Message 7 of 19
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 8 of 19
Venosaur
Tutor

hi Dexter, 

many thanks for reply. I tried this all OpenDNS and Circle Box, but I would like to ask Someone more experience in this matter. 

What is better ? Of course I mean the all net under R7000 or other Netgear routers.  

When Childrens use Internet than is problem. 🙂 

Regards 

Message 9 of 19
dhalleck
Aspirant

Does the R7900P work with Disney Circle?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 19
Venosaur
Tutor

I think that yes. You should try 🙂 

Message 11 of 19
dhalleck
Aspirant

I connected it, but only the devices assigned to the “unmanaged” profile are able to connect to the internet.
Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 12 of 19
Venosaur
Tutor

check exactly what You have in managment profile. maybe something is wrong turn on ? 

Message 13 of 19
toomanybarts
Aspirant

I'm looking at the same thing, but put off with having to pay $5 for premium service ongoing...i thi nk we'd all be better off buying the circle box for $88 (current price at amazon) - it will have paid for itself in 18months...by which time I may have bought a new router anyway!  🙂

Netgear - why not offer a 2nd unlocking code for the firmware to take it to premium without the $5 monthly charge?  Maybe charge a one-off $40?

Message 14 of 19
toomanybarts
Aspirant

Bought off Amazon for $74 - 20% amazon gift card prom = $60.  Will have paid for itself in one year!

Message 15 of 19
Bunged
Aspirant

I had a n7000 and it just got Disney circle downloaded to the firmware. I was so exited that I could track and put limits on my kids. I just bought a n9000 and to my Suprise it doesn’t have the firmware update for the circle. Is this something that is coming in the near future?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 16 of 19
rhotwire
Aspirant

Is it compatible with Disney circle??
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 17 of 19
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

Circle support for Orbi will be available in future updates but no ETA is available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 18 of 19
masterstyx
Initiate

It is a complete shame that they charge a subscription for this.  We purchased an AC1900 specifically because it included the Disney Circle, just to find out that it isn't "really" included.  To get the full feature-set that you get with the real Disney Circle, you are REQUIRED to pay the subscription.  Just like @toomanybarts said, after a few months, you could have just purchased the real thing...

In this scenario, you will be paying a lot more over time for this service.

This is highway robbery and Netgear should care more for the people who invest a lot in their products.  We plan on returning our router and purchase the "real" fully-enabled Disney Circle.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7