Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Net Genie app

mrlewp87
Aspirant

Net Genie app

(1st, sorry to complain. But I've been round and round the forum categories/ lists, and couldn't find where to ask a "general" wifi question. Actually resulting from using the NetGenie app on my Macbook, but couldn't find a NetGenie forum heading)

Just going thru the apps on my MAC, to see if I could determine why the wifi light on our Sagemcom 4320 is always going wild. Often my partner has lot's of trouble surfing with her iPad. I don't..... odd? But still, the light often blinks very fast and non-stop. 

I have tried turning wifi off on ALL Apple devices, and checked that her Lenovo W10 PC isn't doing a Carbonite backup. I've disconnected the Echo and Dot. Once that seemed to help, but not conclusive.

Back to the NetGenie app. I got to page 3 of devices on network, and there was her W10 PC, but it was alternating between a PC icon, and the generic white box icon. It was the only item doing that, of all 17 devices displayed.

Any clue as to why, or what it might mean? I checked, and there are no IP's duplicated.  App suggestion which can determine what is most active over WiFi? 

Oh, the PC is wired to an extender, about 40 ft. from the primary Gateway, the Sagemcom.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Net Genie app

As the Netgears apps really work only with Netgear hardware, I assume that you have some of that somewhere. It might be better to investigate that.

Netgear has nothing to do with the Sagemcom 4320.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7