Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie upgrade errors

dieckman001
Follower

Netgear Genie upgrade errors

Netgear Genie is telling me I have an upgrade available on the program.  Once i download and try to install I keep getting the "following disk images couldn't be opened" message from my Apple Macbook Pro.  It doesn't seem to recognize the NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg file.  Any solutions to rectify this problem?  I've been having problems logging into the router settings recently, and i figured that this upgrade was part of Netgear's repairs they were pushing out.

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Dlapm42
Aspirant

@dieckman001 wrote:

Netgear Genie is telling me I have an upgrade available on the program.  Once i download and try to install I keep getting the "following disk images couldn't be opened" message from my Apple Macbook Pro.  It doesn't seem to recognize the NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg file.  Any solutions to rectify this problem?  I've been having problems logging into the router settings recently, and i figured that this upgrade was part of Netgear's repairs they were pushing out.

Haven't used the genie before, but I am getting the same error trying to install it. Sounds like it could be a corrupt .dmg file. Can netgear upload a new one?

Message 2 of 5
abubasim
Guide

It looks like the installer will only work if your Mac is running the latest macOS: High Sierra. I opened it using 7-Zip on Windows and it shows that the file system inside the DMG file is in APFS format which doesn't open on any older version of macOS.

This is contrary to the upgrade message saying 'Recommended minimum Mac OS version is 10.7.5'.Upgrade DescriptionUpgrade Description

Failure to Open DMG FileFailure to Open DMG File

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 3 of 5
vinlab81
Initiate

My OS is 10.10.5 and I've this error too.

I can't even open it with 7zip.

Model: Genie|Desktop Mobile and Product Setup Genie
Message 4 of 5
Dlapm42
Aspirant

You are right about the version, failed on a 10.11.6 Desktop, but worked on a 10.12.6 Laptop and friends 10.12.6 Desktop. As a workaround install the Genie on a smart phone or tablet.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7