Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 remote access with genie

Drtyone
Follower

R7800 remote access with genie

How do I get the remote access to work when I am not on same network. I have he genie on iPad  and it works just fine locally but does not show up when off network

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

You can check the link below for the steps on how to setup the Remote Login feature of the NETGEAR Genie app.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26109

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Yeah I'm having the same problem.  Lost wifi altogether (but still had internet) when I upgraded firmware to .24 so downgraded to .22 and got wifi back but no RA.  Did all the usual, reset factory defaults, uninstalled genie on iPad and iPhone but no luck.  Curiously I can turn it on and off using 192.162.1.1 but no joy accessing it remotely.  I've tried having it off and turning it on using Genie no luck.  Tried the other around and still nothing.  Not having any RA problems with R9000 at different address.  Both NBN Fixed Wireless.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7

With the Android app you have to create a NETGEAR account. There is an explanation of this in the manual, which should be at the end of this link:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

Check page 7.

This probably applies also to the iVersion.

Message 3 of 7
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Yep I have. All my devices are listed. I have had RA working on it before, had a little difficultly with it a firmware update or so ago but this time it’s being much more stubborn. Just have to wait for another firmware update or Genie update. Will have a go at any other ideas that pop into my head in the meantime.
Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

You can check the link below for the steps on how to setup the Remote Login feature of the NETGEAR Genie app.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26109

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 7
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Admittedly haven’t done that. Uninstall Genie from PC as I’m a bit of a minimalist. I use Genie on iOS and access/setup D7800 via 192.168.1.1 I’ll give it a go but I haven’t had any issues with R9000 at home and no Genie on PC. D7800 is registered to myNetgear account.
Message 6 of 7
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Finally got a chance to do as you suggested and it worked.  You wouldn’t have thought so though.  Genie (PC version) brought up all sorts of errors like password incorrect etc but somehow (miraculously) I now have RA to both D7800 & R9000 via iOS App. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7