Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8500 Enable Remote Access Fails - "Incorrect request format, try again.:"

halobender
Aspirant

R8500 Enable Remote Access Fails - "Incorrect request format, try again.:"

I used to love this router but lately I am thinking of taking it to the gun range next time I go.

I was suffering terrible speed issues, even wired, and the community here advised resetting the router to factory settings.  That seemed to fix the speed issues.

The downside is it managed to no longer allow me to connect remotely.  After many failed attempts at registering the device for remote access I decided to call Netgear support.  Lucky for me I was then able to spend an hour on the phone with a woman I could hardly understand who only did the same things I had been doing in attempts to enable remote support.  Finally after an hour she informed me that I am just going to have to live without remote support because there is not any way to enable it.  This is beyond ridiculous.  I paid several hundred dollars for this router, which now doesn't allow remote connections because it is already registered to my account.  Go figure.

When I go to the range I think I'll take my Netgear Pro's and any other Netgear garbage I have laying around here.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R8500 Enable Remote Access Fails - "Incorrect request format, try again.:"

Do you have the latest firmware for your device?

It is one of the things, along with the manual, that you will find at the end of this link:

>>> R8500 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7